ATTENTION: Only a few boxes left – we will not build any more of those until further notice!
- Hand Microphone – completely with push-to-talk button on the side, just like with real radio communication devices!
- Built-In speaker with separate volume control
- Headset Connector for standard 3,5 mm headsets, with separate output audio volume control (headset not included)
- Dimmable Backlight using ultra-bright white LEDs behind a laser-engraved high quality front panel
- USB 3.0 connector used both for data and electrical supply – no external power supply needed!
The PTT hand microphone, the built-in speaker and an additional headset can be used at the same time!
- During phases of limited workload (e.g. while flying enroute or controlling an ATC sector with little traffic), you can enjoy the comfort and freedom of an easy-to-use hand microphone – there is no need to keep your headset on all the time, and even if you leave your desk for a minute you won’t miss any important calls on your active frequency
- When workload get’s higher (e.g. when starting your approach or as more and more traffic enters your sector), just put on your headset and toggle the microphone selector switch – immediately, you have both of your hands free for flying or radar scope handling!
What is inside?
There are several USB powered electronic devices inside:
- USB 3.0 Hub for data and power distribution
- C-Media USB Soundcard
- USB Gamepad Controller (powered by an “Arduino Leonardo” interface board, featuring an ATMEL AVR ATMEA32U4 USB microcontroller
- USB powered mini-speaker
- Professionally etched PCB
More useful information
- The box is approx. 215 x 130 x 75 mm / 8.5 x 5.1 x 3 inch in size (W x D x H)
- It comes fully assembled and ready to use
- A high quality PTT hand microphone is included
- The USB 3.0 cable is not detachable and approx. 1,5 meters / 60 inch long
We have developed a small software tool to enable mapping of the ATCBox input buttons to any keyboard command – it is effectively a tool to simulate keyboard inputs from any joystick or gamepad device. It can be downloaded for free using this link: https://sim-modules.at/atcbox/AtcBoxManager_Setup.exe